Friday, August 1, 2014

Fated to love you ~ Episode 9 Review


I hate this show! God damn it. I hate how obsessed I have become with this show, I fucking hate it that this show brings out all kinds of emotions in me! I hate that the actors have wonderful chemistry together; I hate it that the writers are doing a tremendous job in making everything about this show applause worthy! GAAAAAH I JUST HATE IT OKAY!  

Fated to love is you ruining me, its ruining me for all other shows out there. I get excited when it’s Wednesday like a girl who gets excited on a Christmas morning it’s been a while that I became this attached to a particular show and I am loving every moment of it.

Each episode of fated is just better than the other I can never anticipate what’s going to happen next because this show surprises me at every turn. If we look at my past record then we will see that by the 9 episode of any show I am mostly a little annoyed or bored. I start to have complains and I would just wish that it would go back to the way it was before and if that show is destined to be my favorite it would pick up shortly otherwise it is doomed for life but fated though that’s not the case. Not yet anyway and considering it’s a WIP there are higher chances of me getting bored of it easily, With a completed show I can easily skip annoying parts but with a WIP you can’t do that and  that the fact that my obsession  with fated is increasing with each episode is worrying me now.

So far in the show there’s not a single character that I hate to the point that I want to kill it and that’s a first for me. I am really enjoying Gun’s step mum and her son. They are harmless creatures; they add more fun to the show in fact. 
There’s Daniel as well, who I really adore and that’s a first again because I don’t get along with second leads normally but man Daniel is just too good to hate. This is the second show of Choi Jin Hyuk that I am watching, I loved him in the heirs and I am really enjoying him in fated and I plan to watch emergency couple next. He’s slowly becoming my favorite actor now. 
Coming back to Daniel I’ll say that I love his bickering with Lee Gun, I love their interaction together. I love how Daniel’s riles up Gun on purpose and how Gun get’s annoyed at him when there’s really no reason to LMAO.


Gun's Imagination was fucking hilarious.


And how he gets infuriated here and says: "Neighborhood oppa! Surrounding oppa! All the oppas she knows—must get rid of them all!”

The bar scene when they are drinking 
Gun: “I’d like for you to draw a clear boundary between you and my wife.”
Daniel: “I think I already stepped on that line. 


I also love how they both are protective of Mi-young, its fun to watch them squabble over her The photo shoot sequence was so much fun and cute.



I am sure they must have a had a lot fun while shooting this part  because they are great friends off-screen as well and it was all showing in this scene.

What I want the most is for Daniel is to not to fall for Mi-young. I want him to remain her neighboring oppa only I don’t want him to be her romantic oppa. I really really don’t want that. 
If that happens then this show will become ordinary just like every other Korean show out there and I don’t want that for fated! I wanted Mi-young to be Daniel’s long lost sister but I don’t think the writers have that in mind because we saw that SeRa has a scar on her shoulder just like Daniel’s sister so my bet is on SeRa now. 
Too bad I wanted Daniel and Mi-young to be siblings but now since Its SeRa who is his sister most probably what will happen when he eventually finds out? Will Daniel hate Gun more for what he did to his sister? Will he start seeing Mi-young differently now that he has found his sister? Will he have feelings for Mi-young? There’s a higher chance of all this happening if Sera turns out to be his sister BUT most important of all will I hate Daniel if the story takes that direction? God I sure hope not. Let SeRa be his sister, let him even fall for Mi-young BUT please don’t make him into something that we will eventually come to hate because we all love our Danelicious oppa.



Let’s talk about SeRa now. She was one person that I was all ready to hate but so far she has not done anything that will make me hate her. Unlike the Anna of Taiwanese version this SeRa a.k.a Anna is not rude, obnoxious, loathsome, bitchy or outright plain villain of this show. Instead of hating her I felt sorry for her, especially in this episode. We got a little glimpse of her world and that made me understand her character more. She is still mourning the loss of her love and she met with Mi-young and what she said to her really tugged my heart. Instead of being bitchy to her she asked her a simple, honest question that did Mi-young really loved Gun or is this all a ruse? A set up to give their baby home?  SeRa also said it her that she wouldn’t want to have a marriage where there’s no love. I loved how honest and to the point she was and whatever she said was the truth anyway.

SeRa: “Do you love Gun? What’s the meaning behind that when there’s no love involved? Are you okay living like that? I for one, would hate it and be miserable. It’s probably the same for Gun.”



What SeRa doesn’t know is that it’s too late for any tricks now, Mi-young has clearly fallen for Gun and Gun is also in the process of loving her. A thing that started just to protect something that they had created together has gotten much more now.  
We saw SeRa’s mother make an entrance in the show. She turns out to be really cold hearted and bitchy.  She had no shame in slapping her daughter in front of Mi-young and Daniel, seems like SeRa belongs to a troubled household controlling mother who wants her daughter to do everything according to her wishes. It also made me understand that why SeRa is clinging to Gun and not ready to let him go because he’s all the love she has ever got. Aww man that just makes me so sad



In a way it’s a good thing that Daniel will be her brother because she it’s not Mi-young who needs to be rescued its SeRa who needs to saved from the bad wolf.

Now let’s talk about our precious OTP, I saved the best for the last our lovely Cinderella Mi-young and her handsome prince charming Lee Gun.
Where do I start, everything about them is perfection. Even the thought of them makes me giddy one thing before I discuss their character's: Jang Hyuk and Jang NaRa are two wonderful actors and the chemistry they have together is insane and they are killing it, literally KILLING IT. 

Just when I think that they can't be anymore perfect they prove me dead wrong. This episode started where the last one ended, Gun and Mi-young are at the river side Gun gives her a sweet kiss on the cheek just as the fireworks display is going on and they also share a very passionate hug. 



Back home they continue to sleep together on the same bad and Gun continues to has the urge to be close to her, to spoon her, to hug her. Its difficult for him to control himself in-front of Mi-young. If I hadn't known better I would have been really worried for our dear Gunnie because the aerobics he was doing in bed just to get close to Mi-young was not something that a sane person would do. Seemed like someone is performing an exorcism on him. Oops 



In the morning Gun is not shy enough to ask for a goodbye kiss when he is leaving for office. It was so cute to see him point at his cheek again and again. Mi-young at first didn't understood whatever he was trying to say but she got the point in time to give him a sweet kiss on the cheek and Gun's reaction to that kiss - OH sweet Jesus, have mercy on my poor heart - was adkorable!! and the way Mi-young blushes is too cute.



Gun and Mi-young continue have sweet moments through out the episode, their bond becomes stronger as they spend more and more time together. 
They have lunch together at Gun's office, Mi-young prepared a lunch box in one there was Gun's face and on the there was Mi-young's face. 




I love how Gun said that he would eat Mi-young's face instead of his own. 
He eats her nose and then he stares at her real lips, he leans close to want a kiss. Poor guy really wants a kiss right now.  Instead he says that he would rather eat her lips LMAO
I get the subliminal message they are showing here.


One of the cutest scene was when he helps Mi-young in her mother’s new restaurant. Serving drinks to the customers, cleaning the tables. Who cares if  he is the CEO of one of the biggest companies , If a man loves a woman he would anything for her right?
And how cute was that scene when Mi-young cleans his face with a towel and she says to him that it must be tough for him and he takes that in sexual term and says 'I am going to go crazy."  and then leans in for a kiss until their mother interrupts them.


I also love Mi-young’s relationship with her mother. She seems more like a friend than a mother.
How she told her that she is the luckiest girl in the world to get a wonderful husband like Gun and the scene when Mi-youg is upset over the divorce, I love how she comforts and hugs her. Well technically she is supposed to be upset that Mi-ja took money from Gun but in reality she is upset over the divorce.

Divorce agreement let’s talk about that now. While our OTP had sweet moments in the start, they had a little bit sadness in the middle especially for our Mi-young.
Gun calls for a meeting with his lawyer but lawyer before meeting Gun, meets Mi-young. I hate how he just assumed that Gun has set up a meeting to discuss the divorce and before he meets Gun he tells Mi-young everything and Mi-young gets sad knowing that with what they have been through in the last few days Gun still wants a divorce and because of that she becomes cold towards Gun. Gun is unable to understand the sudden change in Mi-young’s behavior.
When the auction is taking place and after Gun wins the cup with their baby’s fetus name on it Mi-young gets up and leave Gun follows her.


She says to him that she can’t take this anymore. She fears that because one day it would be difficult for her to leave as she has started developing feelings for him, she wants to end these whole things now. 

Mi-young: “The better you treated me, I unknowingly became greedier. As we kept living like this, I somehow thought that I’d be able to remain by your side with Keddongie, so I wondered if it was okay to dream for an ordinary kind of happiness like others have. Just like that, I started dreaming of an impossible dream on my own. But I think I know for sure now—that I was only like an unwelcomed guest in your life, always causing you trouble. Lee Gun-sshi… let’s stop.”


I loved how Mi-young poured her heart in this scene. Its about time she tells him how she feels. Jang NaRa again killed this scene.

Gun then asks her that since when she became so selfish. How could she just leave without giving regard to his feelings, without being considerate of his feelings for her?

Gun: Kim Mi-young, Kim Mi-young, since when were you so selfish? What about me? What about my feelings? The more you tell me not to care, the more I do. I feel at unease if I can’t see you. When you laugh, when you cry—what about my heart that laugh and cries along with you?”


Mi-young: "But you’ve always made me confused. Because you always treat me so well, I keep forgetting the fact that we’ll part. I’m scared… that I won’t want to leave you; that if it isn’t you, it can’t be. Then I… it can’t be…” And before further ado he gives her a real kiss on the lips. YES KISS ON THE LIPS.


Throws confetti! Hallelujah!
All the old  Jang  NaRa and Jang Hyuk fans must be very happy. After 12 long years they finally share a kiss on screen. HAHA
Your patience has been  rewarded dear old Jangg fans.

This episode over all has been as good as the last eight episodes has been. I am so glad that when I anxiously wait the whole week for next episode of fated, it doesn’t disappoints me and I then realize that all my waiting has been worth it.

One more things before I end this review someone tell me what the hell Gun’s hairstyle was! I mean what the hell was that! Did the hairstylist ran out of ideas or what? Please, please, please writers no more experiment with Gun’s hair!! Pretty please with a cherry on top. 

P.S I would have posted it much sooner but thunderstorms and powercuts in my area, meh and now I am now off to watch tonight's episode!

No comments:

Post a Comment