Saturday, August 30, 2014

Fated to love you ~ Episode 17 Review

The episode that really made me cry after episode 12 was this episode. There was too much sadness, even the happy scenes were so so sad. Up until now I have never really hated Gun but in this episode he was cruel, just so so cruel. I was hoping there would be a breakthrough, a real confrontation between Mi-young and Gun at the start of the episode when Mi-young discovers that Gun is the one who brought the “Le sigh” painting but instead of confessing everything Gun puts on that façade of not being in love with her. He tells her that all their message conversations, every word of encouragement he told her were a lie; the crushed look on Mi-young’s face was so heartbreaking to watch. At that moment I just wanted to sweep her in a warm hug and take away all the pain. I was like why Gun? Why? Why are you being so cruel to her? If I would have been at mi-young’s place I would have slapped him, hit him for playing with her feelings like that. What Mi-young said to him really hit me so hard.

Mi-young: "Do you know who Young-ja was to me?” I thought, ‘I met someone who completely understands me,’ ‘I met someone who understands my paintings.’ How consoling that was… how thankful I was.”
Lee Gun: "You’re quite pathetic, Kim Mi-young, How could you not have changed at all in the past three years? You’re deceived by others easily and trust them so well, like a fool. When will you correct that habit?”


The heartbreaking cries of Mi-young when Gun leaves the studio and Gun sitting at the stairs crying crushed my soul. 


I kept saying to myself again and again that why they both have to endure so much pain, they don’t deserve this shit. They have already gone through so much. They should be happy and together they both are causing each other pain for no reason at all! Uggh I was at the point of pulling my hair.

Honestly I was not surprised when Mi-young decided to go to Paris being in the same city as gun has given her nothing but pain. There’s just too much a girl can take.

I really like how Mi-young is not the one to let it go easily, when she reads the message conversation between her and gun it is difficult for her to believe that all the sweet words he said to her were a lie. A man can pretend to someone else once, twice but not every time. It’s not Gun’s nature to be this hard and cold. He is the man who has always supported Mi-young, encouraged her, stood up for her so many times and then from being so sweet to her he suddenly becomes a jerk to her, it is difficult to believe. Three years ago Mi-young let him push her away at that time situation was very different mi-young was hurt she lost the baby, she was not in the right state of  mind to confront gun, she still did it though but she was not very resilient but this time our Kim Mi-younshii is super glue.

Mi-young goes to his office again to return him the money of the painting and ask him why he’s so cruel to her? Of course our dear gunnie will never tell truth right? He has already made up his mind to suffer for the rest of his life; he has already made a decision for both of them. He is cruel self again and honestly I hated him so much at that point especially when he throws away the money she gives him. Honestly Gunnie sshi you don’t have to act so cold towards her. Again I wanted to wipe away Mi-young’s tears and take away her pain.


Even though Gun is being his noble idiot self, this episode is an episode of confrontations and revelations. So what if Gun would not tell Mi-young the truth when you are fated to be together there’s nothing you can do to change that.
Bless our lawyer’s good heart who took the first step in telling Mi-young the truth. I was waiting for the time when Mi-young finally discovers that tape recorder in which Gun recorded his will, yaay for the lawyer who puts it in her bag for her to only discover it just before her flight.




But before our favorite lawyer’s little stunt Mi-young’s friend tells her that Gun has been single for 3 years by the way her question when she asks Mi-young whether Gun is good in bed or no was epic! And then SeRa tells Mi-young the truth about the divorce papers.


I honestly loved SeRa so much in that moment. I think Gun breaking all ties with her made her finally realize that she can never have gun back in her life, that’s probably what gave her the courage to tell Mi-young the truth.
But who actually brought our Mi-young and Gunnie together is our Danielicious oppa. He learns all about Gun’s reasons for pushing Mi-young away, through SeRa and he just wouldn’t keep that huge secret to himself right? At least someone here believes that Mi-young has the right to make her own decisions about her life. Thank you, Daniel for not treating Mi-young like a doll and for actually believing that she is strong enough to handle whatever life throws at her.

When he U-turns the car with one hand and takes the route of Gun’s home, I was like THANK YOU KDRAMA GODS!! FINALLY some ray of sunshine
.

Daniel has officially become my favorite second Kdrama lead now. I wish he finds his happiness as well at the end.

I laughed so hard when Mi-young asks halmoni that if she could wait for Gun in his room and halmoni replies that it’s no problem at all she can officially move in if she wants! LMAO.


Dear halmoni your wish will granted soon don’t worry.

It was so bittersweet to watch Mi-young in Gun’s room again, they made so many wonderful memories together in that particular room and seeing the flashbacks of their good times made me so sad and happy.
The real breakthrough happened when Mi-young finally goes to Gun’s man cave and discovers that he has still kept Gae ddong’s crib, his toys and even clothes. 
The breaking point for Mi-young was that when she sees the recoded video messages of Gun.


He recorded videos of himself just talking about his life, about Gae ddong, about Mi-young. 

Lee Gun: “You have a woman you love. Her name is Kim Mi-young and her hometown is Yeoul Island. Like a fool, she’s a kind woman who takes good care of someone who’s hurting. She’s a very lovable woman.”
About dog poppie he says “But Keddongie isn’t here anymore. He went very far away.”


He recorded these messages in case if he gets amnesia again and forgets everythin. At that moment it really sunk in that how cruel this disease this. How this makes you so helpless, how you have never no control over your life anymore. Gosh!

Mi-young finally learns the truth at that moment she realizes Gun’s suffering and the fact that he has loved her all this while. For me that particular moment was the saddest part of the whole episode! My laptop screen was blurred because of the tears that welled up in my eyes; no show has affected me this hard.


And now I want to be paid back with interest for all the tears I have shed over this show. I want a real happy ending for our lovely couple! I have high hopes that writers will not disappoint us with an open ended ending. The original had a happy ending and also this show is a romantic comedy, giving it a sad or open ended ending will be really stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment