Friday, August 8, 2014

Fated to love you ~ Episode 11 review

There is a never a dull moment while watching fated to love you. Even with introducing cliches plot like amnesia this shows manages to maintain its charm and I love how in last night's episode which was heavy compared to the previous ones the episode had its lighter moments, its a Rom-com after all. Glad the writers haven't forgotten that part. 
Gosh last night's episodes brought so many emotions in me it made me sad but it was funny at the sametime. 
The opening and ending scene were just daebak!! Bravo to the writers brilliant editing and directing and also Jang hyuk was just awesome, he carried the episode on his shoulder. He should just receive an award for this episode alone. 

Episode starts with Gun forgetting everything that happened in the last 3 months and before I get any further I would say that I was dreading this amnesia plot, I was so worried that it would be a deal breaker for me and the show would just becoming boring and predictable. But I was pleasantly surprised at how they played out everything They actually had a very good reason for bringing amnesia.



Siince episode 1 we know that there's a genetic disease that runs in the family but we were not aware of it until this episode. They revealed the that Huntington disease runs in Gun's family and amnesia is actually one of it symptom.



 I understand that Gun was under a lot of stress and there was always the fear that he would get the disease, so Gun fainting and waking up with amnesia seems legit its not something they gave is out of nowhere. They had a very good reason and explanation of including amnesia and I loved the fact that they didn't drag the whole thing by the end of the episode he gets his memories back. 

I didn't feel at all that they brought amnesia just to create a rift between our couple or to bring SeRa back nor did I feel that this was a filler episode. In fact I was happy that the name of the illness that they kept mentioning since the 1st episode was revealed in this episode and with amnesia it all become so real but one thing I want to say that Huntington? Really!? Couldn't the writers come up with something less deadly? But thank God though that he hasn't had that disease yet and I am hoping that he doesn't get it either. 
Even with the amnesia our Gun was still gun and I was so glad that even he didn't remember anything after Macau trip he still wasn't mean, rude to Mi-young. 



I would have been really disappointed if the writers would have turned him a jerk overnight because that's not Gun, he's not a jerk, he has never been a jerk. He has always been a loving, caring and a strong man and he has always been such a big support for mi-young, even before they got marrried. So I am glad that were very careful in that part afterall he has Huntington disease not multiple personality disorder.

 I love how this show make parodies of some cliches and how they homeage to old work of actors like in the last episode we saw Mi-young dressed as a highschool student when trying to escape from reporters that was actually a throwback to her a character in Successful story of a bright girl and similarly Gun dressed as a student was throwback to his character in Thank you!
 In this episode they actually made fun of the overused amnesia plot when SeRa is explaining to Gun that he has lost his memory I love how he says that this stuff happens in movies and drama and not in real life! 



LMAO good one writers.

 SeRa I so hate her, I didn't feel any sympathy towards her. I hate how she was taking advantage of Gun's vulnerable situation. How she was manipulating him. She did realize that he would eventually get back his memory one day. Maybe after 2,3 days or months or even years then what would she had done? Didn't she realized that Gun would eventually hate her when he comes to know that he wasted all this time being with her when in reality he loves Mi-young and SeRa even knowing the truth didn't tell him! I felt SeRa already knew that she had lost Gun and there's no way she could get him back and whatever she did was out of desperation. I hated how she said that she would raise the baby as her own. 



The nerve of that woman God and what a bitch she was being to Mi-young who's actually his legally wedded wife!!
 There were moments when Gun was harsh towards to her especially when he actually questioned the paternity of the baby!

Gun: “Is that baby you’re carrying my child?” 
Mi-young:“Yes. Keddongie is your baby.”




 Damnit that hurt so so bad. But I loved how how mi-young was confident and sure that she will get back her gunnieshii. 
The only thing I didn't like was that why didn't she tell her mother about Gun's memory loss? What was the point of hiding the truth from her mother.



I was sad that Gun's grandmother turned out to be so weak during this whole scenario. I was actually hoping she would be the strong one here and she would be mi-young's biggest cheerleader like in the initial days how she made them go to pre-natal classes together and how she was showing her off at that charity event but it seems like at the important parts she just dissapers. 

I actually loved how Daniel was the only one true to Gun in this episode..when he went to meet him I love how he said that they have been in a similar situation like before and that time he (Daniel) said to him that he's working with him because of Mi-young. 



Even with Gun's memory loss Daniel didn't hold back in telling him that he has feelings for mi-young. That was only scene where Daniel was on the forefront throughout the episode he was just in the background. 
He confessed his feelings for Mi-young but in the midst of all what was happening with Gun, mi-young completely forgot about all that! 



I also loved how he send a video birthday message for her. That was cute, I actually like Daniel as long as he remains a neighboring oppa that's it. Mi-young needs a good friend and I want Daniel to be that to her, not interested in a love triangle. 

I loved the bromance the secretary tak and doctor octopus lol and between secretary tak and Gun too haha.



 In the end when Gun gets his memory back that whole sequence was done so beautifully!! When he sees the baby book and reads what Mi-young had written and a single tear falls from his eyes! 

“Meeting your dad was one of the happiest things that ever happened to me.”



Gosh that was heartbreaking, I was crying along with him.

 And when he sees all the baby things, his wedding picture. It just broke my heart into pieces and finally when he sees the candy that Mi-young gave it to him and he starts getting all the flashbacks!! I love how rushes to go to Mi-young without a second glance at SeRa.



 In the car when he is remembering everything and in the end he actually says snail and dogpoppie that was heartbreakingly beautiful. Kudos to Jang Hyuk for a wonderful performamce and shinning in the episode. 


Overall I loved the episode, I loved how they handled the amnesia sequence. I loved everything about it!!! I also love the new OST its brilliant. 
Now the next episode is going to be heartbreaking we know through preview and spoilers that what's going to happen. Many of you must have watched the episode already as it aired last night, I on the other hand am thinking of putting it off until Monday and Tuesday. Partly because I can't handle all the angst and then waiting for the next Wednesday would be killing and mostly because my college has started and with that midterms as well which is the reason why I am posting this review so late. So I dunno maybe you guys will get review of the next episode after the weekend, lets see.

No comments:

Post a Comment