Saturday, August 9, 2014

Fated to love you ~ Episode 12 review

I thought that instead of putting it off till later I might as well just watch this episode and write the review and get it out of my way because I know that I would not be able to concentrate on my Monday exam and I would keep thinking about this show all the time so instead of torturing myself like that I thought lets watch the episode now and cry on it once and for all. I don’t have plan of re-visiting this episode anytime soon which is why I am watching and reviewing at the same time because God damn it this episode was a real tear jerker I was crying throughout the episode.

In the last two episodes this drama brought 2 major Korean drama clichés Amnesia and Noble Idiocy and I like many other K-drama viewer hate these but Fated surprisingly did an amazing job in executing both the things. Now don’t throw rocks at me but I am going to play devil’s advocate here although Gun’s action, his words, his stupid decisions and everything else annoyed me here and I like you all also fell sad for Mi-young because no matter what she didn’t deserved to be treated like that, she didn’t deserved to be lied to, Gun had no right to make decisions for her, she should have been given a choice if after whatever happened was she still willing to work things out? But instead Gun robbed her of this choice. He made choices for her because he thought that was the best thing to do without giving any consideration to her wishes and desires. He made her leave by telling her lies and hurting her in the worse possible way because he thought that he was doing the right thing. He thought he will get the disease and it would be unfair to ask her to stay with him. He did these things because he thought! Oh Gun you should just stop thinking for a moment and let just live one day at a time. Que sera sera! Whatever will be, will be.

If we look from Mi-young’s perspective we know that Gun did wrong, very wrong but we should see both sides of the coins, we should think from Gun’s perspective as well.
And when I look at the things from Gun’s perspective I understand his dilemma, I understand his pain, I also understand why he did what he did.

I can see that whatever Gun did, he did it out of pure love for Mi-young. There is a high chance that Gun might get Huntington's disease and before I go any further in Gun’s defense let me tell you Huntington’s disease is a cruel disease. It has no cure and patients not only suffer physically but mentally as well. It kills you slowly and gradually. Some of the affects of this disease on the mind and body of an individual are: 

  • Eating difficulties 
  • Jerky, random, uncontrollable movements 
  • Sleep disturbances 
  • Cognitive abilities are progressively impaired 
  • Amnesia and dementia 
  • Anxiety, depression, aggression  
  • Suicidal thoughts 
  • And eventually after suffering like this for 10,20 years death. 


Gun and Mi-young’s relationship was only 3 months old, it is a very short time to make big promises of forever and eternity. What Gun did was realistic, he gave Mi-young the chance to grow. Instead of letting her tie up to him he let her free. Gun saw his mother suffer because his dad had this disease as well; he saw how his mother silently cried. He saw what emotional torture she had to go through daily. Gun did not want Mi-young to suffer the same way, she had a whole life ahead of her, Gun did not want Mi-young to regret it later. Which is why he let her go right now. What would have Mi-young done when Gun would have died after battling with this disease 20 years later? Mi-young would have been too old to start her life anew, she would have just spent the rest of her life mourning Gun and probably taking care of their child who also would have had the same disease! That’s not what Gun wanted for Mi-young that is not what you want for the person you love. I remember when my uncle died after battling for 2 years with cancer, relieved was the first thing I felt when I heard the news of his death because now his suffering had ended, he was not in pain anymore and similarly his siblings (my mother) and his wife would also not had to go through the torture of seeing him in pain anymore. Seeing your loved one suffer and knowing that there’s nothing you can do about it is the worst thing ever. Gun understood this scenario, he realized the long-term effects and consequences of this situation that’s why he pushed Mi-young away and it was not easy for him but he did it and I totally get it and Mi-young changed in those 3 years they were separated, she became the super glue Gun always wanted her to be. 

One more important thing Gun is NOT RESPONSIBLE for Mi-young’s miscarriage he definitely was not the one who caused it and when the doctors asked him to choose between the mother and the baby he chose the one he loved the most and it was Mi-young.


The whole scene when Gun tells her about the miscarriage was gut wrenching both the jangs did an awesome Job; you could actually feel their pain. Mi-young's sobs and cries crushed my soul and also when she is leaving the lee manor and reads the baby book, how she broke down in uncontrollable sobs God that was just heartbreaking
Mi-yong: "what abut our baby? Our baby… is doing well, right? Why don’t you answer? Our baby is okay, right?”

Gun: "Keddongie… Keddongie isn’t here. Keddongie’s gone. I told him to go.” 






As much as felt sad for Mi-young when she lost the baby. I cried for Gun too because it was his baby too and he also wanted it as much as Mi-young. His silent tears when he is sitting beside Mi-young were so painful to watch 



When Gun was being mean towards her, when he returns the cup just before her accident I love how Mi-young said to him point blank that he was being very mean and rude to her MY: "You don't have to be mean, I have already made uo my mind." 
Serves Gun right for being a dick. 


I also loved how they broke up in a more civilized manner, no shouting, no blame game. Nothing. They just wished each other the best for the future and parted their ways.

Gun:  " No matter where you live I wish you happiness."Mi-young:  "I wonder if I have happiness left in me now. I used it all up just dreaming about it. Unimaginable things have happened to me since I met you gun. Bad things became good things and I became family to people who love me."Gun:  "Don't look at your past but instead look forward to your future. Only look forward."Mi-young:  I will. Its not like we would ever get a chance of seeing each other again anyway. Thank you for what you have done for me"Gun:  "Kim Mi-young its not good to be too kind! Be more confident and less timid." 




The scene when Doctor octopus confirms that Gun's father also had the same symptoms at Gun's age..I felt so so sorry for Gun and when he said that he has people he need to protect.. Ugh my eyes welled up with tears. Too much suffering for our poor Guninie..shii

The cutest scene of the whole episode is when Mi-young imitated Gun's voice when she is writing a letter to the baby in the last pre-natal class. She doesn't have to work alone for very long though, Gun like he arrived in all the classes, attended this one too and this was the last thing they did for the baby together. 


There was too much pain in this episode I not only cried for our Gun and Mi-young but at one point I cried for SeRa too especially when Gun breaks up with her. 
I hate that bitch though, I hated what she did later bringing up fake divorce documents etc but in this scene I felt sorry for her. Gun along with Mi-young hurt her too.


We learn about the new divorce agreement that Gun had it made in episode 10 and according to that Mi-young had to decide the time of the divorce and custody of the baby was supposed to be shared but Gun in this episode tears away that one and gets a new one made which is more like his will than a divorce agrrement. According to that Mi-young will have the full custody of the baby and she and the baby would recieve everything after his death. 


Yong in this episode stole my heart with just saying that he would give Gun a good beating because he made Mi-young suffer. Aww isn't he the best bro-in-law ever.

Gun's scene with Mi-young's mother made me bawl becasue at that point I realized that Gun has not only lost his wife, his baby, a friend in SeRa but a mother as well. Our Gunnie is so alone :"(


And that's why I feel so much for Gun. He is alone, he has no one. Mi-young has her family, she has daniel with her but what about Gun?
Yeah I know he has secretary Tak but still! 

The airport scene when Gun screams "Snail, Good-bye" I felt like its the end. Its the end of that part of their story that started completely worng.


Three years later we see Sassy and sexy Mi-young returning back from france. Daniel is there to greet her.


Meanwhile our Gun is at the airport as well. Probably returning back from america and he has a new look too. His hair! Oh my gosh!!  I am in love!! Too much sexy in one pic!!


This episode was a rollercoaster of emotions for me. I am glad to be done with it. 
After all the tears that we have endured in the last two episodes I am looking forward to the next chapter of our OTP. They may not have got  their happily ever after the first time around but they will definitely get it this time because they are fated to be together!
Daniel and SeRa you better stay away!

I am looking forward to the much confident Mi-young and less stupidness from Gun  but I don't want them to completely lose their presonalities. I do love my selfless and romantic Gun and kind Mi-young.
Most of all I am looking forward to the horny Gun, if he was so crazy over Mi-young before what will happen when he sees her now!
Gaaaah!! Get ready Gun, this sexy vixen has come back to ruin your life. Let the case of blue balls begins LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment