Thursday, August 14, 2014

Fated to love you ~ Episode 13 Review

I didn't know that it was possible to love fated to love you anymore than I already do but I am wrong I just fall in love more with it with each episode, its as if the writers are saying you wait there the best is yet to come.
I was little worried seeing them in a new avatar, i thought that writers would take a complete 180 degree turn and change everything about Gun and Mi-young, even the things for which we loved them wouldn't be the same just to make them more mature and sexier. I was glad I was proved wrong once again.

The start of the episode was wonderful felt like I was watching episode 1 again but with a more mature Gun and more confident Mi-young. Just like episode 1 this episode also started with a commercial shooting


 In episode 1 we saw Gun made his grand entry by signing and dancing In this show we saw him rapping! Oh my. Ever since I heard that Jang Hyuk is a wonderful rapper I wanted to see him rap and fated to love you granted that wish, a member of g.o.d made a cameo and Gun rapped his song "To my mother" he had made a cameo in that video back then and they even showed that footage! Aww man I love the writers for these little throwbacks. 
That g.o.d member was shooting the commercial for Gun's company and just like episode 1 Gun comes and tells them what things they are doing wrong and what things they have to correct. This Gun was more subtle than the one we saw in episode one. In episode 1 he was screaming and shouting here was he was calm composed. When I saw Gun holding the baby and cooing to him. BOOM Ovaries exploded! aww he is just too cute with babies. My heart. 


 I cant't wait to see him be a dad and hold his little one.

Over there we saw Mi-young carrying coffees for everyone just like we saw in episode one but in episode one she did it because she was a post-it-girl and here she was doing because of her kind nature. 


I admire that the writers made them much older, sensible and mature in those last 3 years but the true aspects of their personality remain the same. Mi-young is not a bitch I was hoping she would turn out to be. I saw little glimpses of the old Mi-young in her sometimes like when she the reporters asked when she will get married and she just have an awkward smile and said "Can I keep that a secret?" and of-course when she gave coffees to everyone and how kind she was being with all just screamed Mi-young, Mi-young to me.

We saw that SeRa has become a school teacher and Gun and her had remained friends. No romantic feelings, not on on Gun's part but SeRa on the other hand still wants to be with him.
 Surprisingly I don't hate anyone in the show yet. Not Daniel and also not SeRa. I think what she did was just out of desperation. One last attempt to make Gun his but she knew that she will never be able to have Gun back and it was all her fault. She considered Mi-young as a threat and wanted her to be out of the picture and when Mi-young left she was probably very happy and thought she will remain friends with Gun and he might just come around but 3 years have passed and he is still does not want to be with her. I am not defending her I am just saying that I can see where she is coming from but now since Mi-young is back she might revert back to her old ways to separate them but it would be very childish and stupid because if Gun would have wanted to be with her he would have when Mi-young was gone. Its clear that he is not interested in dating anyone right now.

Seems like Gun doesn't have that illness after all, Thank God for that but he still visits Dr octopus and gets his tests etc done. I loved the interaction between Dr octopus and Gun.


Gun says to him that he sees him so frequently these days that people might wonder there is something else going on LMAO and then Dr octopus asks him to find him a girl so he spends more time with her rather than Gun LOLOLOL

One thing I loved the best is that even though whatever happened with them Gun is still in contact with Mi-young's mum and he still visits her on daily basis and eats at her restaurant. Mi-young's mum also loves him as a son and that was evident in her actions. I am hoping Mi-young's mum will be the biggest cheerleader of Gun when he starts to woo Mi-young. I loved the scene between Mi-young's omma and Gun It was so sweet of Gun when her offers her a ride but omma refuses it but he keeps on insisting it. D'aww I love these two. Mi-young's omma is definitely one of the best Korean Drama Omma's out there. 


When Daniel calls her omma I loved how her face expression completely changes, its clear that she didn't likes that one bit lol. Back off Daniel only Gun other than her daughters is allowed to call her omma.

We also know Gun had kept tabs on Mi-young while she was away he kept himself informed about what she was up-to while she was away.  Another scene which tugged my heart and made me teary eyed was when Gun goes to his man-cave and we see that Dog-poppie's crib and everything else is still there. Gun sits over there and looks at Mi-young's profile as an artist.


We can clearly see how proud he is of Mi-young. He always wanted her to be super-glue and now that she has become that, no one's more happy than Gun is. While sitting there and looking at her profile he says: "Our snail’s become really great,” and then addresses dog-poppie and says Keddong-ah, Mommy’s really cool, isn’t she?”
Aww man I teared up over here.

I loved spy Gun, when he goes to Mi-young's exhibition and doesn't want to be seen, little does he know that Mi-young already knows that he's around. She saw him at the restaurant with SeRa, when he was putting on necklace to her. *ouch* she probably thinks that they both are in a relationship. 


Anyway at the exhibition Gun manages to remain unseen. I loved his antics in trying to remain discreet. I was craving for such lighter moments.
I especially loved that part when Gun sees Daniel's flower for Mi-young outside her exhibition and seeing that immediately jealousy kicks in and he orders one from himself as well and that is bigger and better and what's the best part. On that floral arrangement its written “Your No. 1 fan forever” aww he clearly is very proud of his snail. He places his floral arrangement next to Daniel's LMAO.


I also loved that Gun at least appreciates the fact that Daniel has done a lot for Mi-young. Daniel is one of the reason why Mi-young is a super-glue. Gun made her believe in herself and Daniel provided the means to make it all real and Gun realizes that.
He says at the exhibition, while looking at Mi-young and Daniel together "I am grateful that Daniel looked after Mi-young in France but Daniel better remain as a friendly oppa and nothing more."
 Yes Daniel better remain a friendly oppa and nothing more.

Daniel on the other hand has altogether other plans. Judging from their interaction and conversations It seems that Daniel wants to be with Mi-young but its Mi-young who is hesitant to be in a relationship with him although she is very thankful to him for all what he has done for her but she doesn't harbor any romantic feelings for him. 
When they are in a bar celebrating opening of Mi-young's first exhibition and their friends ask them about their first kiss and Daniel replies that they haven't kissed yet and then everyone starts chanting for them to kiss..that was stupid by the way. Gun's imagination over there is running wild, I loved what he says to the person sitting next to him "What’s so bad about being single and alone?" Daniel turns out be a gentleman after all and refuses to kiss her and says that their first kiss would not be like that. 
Mi-young is relieved by the fact that Daniel did not kiss her.


I also LOVED how Gun starts introducing himself as Jang Hyuk in Chinese! HAHAHAHA that was best part of this whole episode!


When Daniel and Mi-young go meet Mi-young's family and when someone from the family asked Daniel about him and Mi-young being together, Mi-young immediately interrupts and says that Daniel will get embarrassed with such questions and Daniel replies that Mi-young always dodges this question by using embarrassment as an excuse. Clearly Daniel also knows that Mi-young is unsure about taking him as a partner but still he is a persistent little bastard.

Ove there Chairman wang is looking for brides for our Gunnie


 but Gun refuses to marry and at the breakfast he asks Young to find a bride quickly, seems like his relationship with Young has improved a lot. 

Over there Mi-young's friend is crazy in love with Young LOL 


I love Noona romances! All I did when I saw this scene was scream  SHIP, SHIP, SHIP.

Mi-young made a beautiful painting of Dog-poppie with a snail sign, YES with a snail sign! Damn tears again.
Gun immediately buys that painting upon seeing it.


When Mi-young comes to know that someone has brought the painting. She immediately wants to contact him to return the painting because that painting is very near and dear to her.
I love the interaction between Mi-young and Gun over the text messages. Mi-young did not know that it was Gun she was talking to. 


One of the part that touched my heart was when Gun asks her why is that painting so precious to her.

Mi-young: “In all my life, it’s my brightest, most precious, and a gem of a memory I don’t ever want to forget.”
Gun: “Isn’t now your brightest and precious moment in your life?”
Mi-young:“Now is good, too… but it pales in comparison to that memory.”


Even though being with Gun gave her a lot of heartache and tears than happiness but she still considers that time of her life the brightest and the happiest. Aww! Damn tears again.
She clearly still hasn't forgotten Gun and is very much in love with her.

Gun also gets upset and sad when he hears that he gets drunks thinking about the heartache he caused her.


And in his drunk state he goes back to his hotel room and instead of going to his room in 2009, he goes to Mi-young's room in 2006 and he keeps on banging the door. Mi-young opens the door and she falls on Gun LMAO 


What a wonderful way to meet your Ex after 3 years Haha

I am super excited about tonight's episode. Now that Mi-young and Gun have come face to face I am excited to see how will everything progress. Mi-young will surely not give in that easily. There's still a lot of misunderstanding between them that will take its time to solve.

All my fears and doubts about this episode were proved wrong suffice to say that this episode is my favorite so far.
Fated to love you secured 1st place with 11.5% followed by Joseon Gunman on second  and its okay that's love on third.
Yaaaaay I am so proud that Fated is number 1 this week. Very well deserved. Congrats to the whole cast and crew of fated!!

No comments:

Post a Comment