Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Fated to love you: Episode 1&2

I have been searching left and right for good shows for a while now but nothing appealed me. Ever since kara para ask finale I have had nothing to watch, Yes I have given up on doctor stranger and don't ask me why. I started bride of the century but gave up after the first episode, yes I know it's a wonderful show and I will probably go back to it one day but this time it didn't appeal me and then I was planning to start emergency couple but I've read mixed reveiws about it and then there was God's gift-14 days but I am not in the mood of suspense and angst and the list goes on and on and then I stumbled upon this little gem "Fated to love you" and I can finally say that I have finally found what I've been looking :bunny-smiley::bunny-smiley:


What is the show about?
Its a story about a woman Kim Mi-young, who is just a ordinary girl, the type who has never won any contests, a medal etc, the type who always has to work extra hard to get something while other people get that thing very easily and she is low in cofidence but very good at heart. 


She works at a company and is always the one to run errands for other people, she simply can't say no to ayone. In the first episode we see she's carrying breakfast, coffees for co-wokers and whatever mundane work is there its given to her but she doesn't realize that her life is going to change very rapidly.
On the first anniversary of their company she is the lucky one who is chosen to go for a holiday at macau island and there she meets our lead hero lee gun, he is there to propose his girlfriend.

 Instead with the turn of events they end up sleeping together! And later on in the show Mi-young will get pregnant and Gun's grandmother will force them to get married. Will they ever find love in this forced marriage?

My thoughts
This is actually a remake of a popular taiwanese show with the same name. I have never watched the tawainese show so I have no idea how it was, Its a good thing because I won't be cpmparing the two shows and I will have zero expectations LOL Currently only 2 episodes have been aired and omg 2 episodes and I am hooked 
This show is so much fun, I don't think I have ever laughed as much as I laughed while watching the first 2 episodes. The characters are brilliant especially Kim Mi-Young, OMG I amin  LOVE with her!! The humour is A111 and the story so far is really good. 
Watching melodramas and shows with stupid political theories *yes I am talking about doctor stranger* and love thrown in between for some time this drama is like a breath or fresh air!

Episode 1 was just a Introductory episosde where we met our lead actors and side characters.
We saw how Mi-young lets everyone walk over her, how she can not say no to anyone. With her geeky glasses and low confidence no one is really interested on her, she hasn't been really with anyone but we see as soon as she is chosen to go for a holiday to Macau island, one particular co-worker shows interest in her and off they go together for a holiday.


Over there Gun's girlfriend who is is a ballet dancer in newyork is returning to korea and he is planning to propose to her partly because the elders in his family want him to settle down soon and produce an heir which will carry their legacy and mainly because he is in love with his girlfriend sera 



episode 1 ends at My-young listening to Gun practising the proposal and the Gun realizes that he is being heard and starts to look around mi-young in panic of being seen grabs the bottle of drugs and liquor, from the fountain and drinks that. 


In the seond episode we see President Park and Mr. Choi manage to get Gun drunk and now with Mi-young and Gun drunk they end up sleeping together.
The sex scene was not graphic at all, Altough I wish they would have shown us more instead they showed us Mi-young and Gun dressed in cartoonish clothes and making a sweet rice cake that is a symbolism for their love making. I loved how they showed Gun asking "Are you tried" and Mi-young replies "NO, NO" haha I was giggling like crazy during that :moque::moque:


but we still got to see some cuddling and spooning though :hugsmile1::hugsmile1:


When they both wake up in the morning, they are shocked and terrified to see each other. Mi-young does not remebers anything and Gun believes that she did everything to trap him but soon this misunderstanding is cleared. Gun learns that sera never came to the island and she has returned back to NewYork, he is heartbroken. Over there Mi-young sees lawyer Min - who she really likes and brought with her for a holiday - fooling around with other woman. She confronts him and but instead of being regretful he says very mean words to her.
Mi-young: "How could you? Do you know how excited I was? You don't know how much I liked you. 
Lawyer Min: "I think you've misunderstoo. You think I am your boyfriend or something? I was just being nice because you are innocent and cute and now you are all over me. You are funny. Don't delude yourself you are just a post-it girl just like your nickname. Someone that I can make use of and when I don't need, I can just throw away. I am a lawyer. Do you think a lawyer would want to date an unemployed? How could a nobleman go out with a peasant?" 


This scene was so sad I wanted to give Mi-young a big hug. Her crying and how she was sitting on the floor made me all weepy :sad-067::sad-067::sad-067: and then Gun comes to retun Mi-young's shoes and overhears everything. I loved how he gave it back to lawyer Min 
Gun: “You, a nobleman? You’re just a trash. People like you can’t even be considered peasants.”
and the he takes Mi-young with her. Cliche I know but still cute :wub::wub:


Then they have a lovely balcony scene together. We learn more about mi-young.
Mi-young:  “Since I got to travel after winning a trip for the first time in my life, I thought that luck finally came to me too. I just… I just wanted to give my all… I just wanted to love someone wholeheartedly. I tried really hard, but… what did I ever do wrong?”


My heart broke for her aww :crying::crying::crying:

And then to teach lawyer min some manners he transform her into a beauty queen. She looked very beautiful without a doubt but I loved the clothes she wore anyway. 


Her dresses and the bright colors just screamed happiness & summer:th_Cheer-1::th_Cheer-1: I loved her glasses, I don't think she looked geeky or nerd per se infact I loved her style and young nara is so natural omg. I love her acting. She pulls out this whole thing very well She looks like a younger version lee bo young. I loved how mi-young kept saying that she loved the way she looked :bounce2::bounce2:


 She's not insecure abt her looks she just lacks in the confidence department. 
The last part was so good. I loved the convesation between mi-young and gun. It was the first time they had a real conversation and he actually opened up to her.
When gun askes her why she forgave lawyer min so easily, her reply to him touched my heart.
Mi-young: "It’s true that he’s a bad person, but my feelings for him were real.”
Gun: "You and I are similar, Because Se-ra didn’t come, I was also left alone. I even prepared a proposal."


episode 2 ends on them saying goodbye to each other but before that gun gives mi-young a chip which they used while playing poker and mi-young gives him the candy which she brought when they first met.
Gun: "We can’t always win the game of life, but as long as you have that chip, you’ll always have hope and opportunity. So keep it well."
Mi-young: "People who like sweet things are people who want to be happy."

And then say goodbye to each other, its not like they are not going to meet again right? 


In the preview of the last episode we saw that she finally discovers that she is pregnant! And by the looks of it seemed that its going to be hilarious, laugh until my belly hurt kind of episode!!! Omg I can't wait for Wednesday!!! :faim::faim::faim:

After quite some time I am really really enjoying a drama. Fated to love you is such an entertainment! I am so bad at waiting for episodes and now since the taiwanese version is already complete I am having a lot of hard time at holding myself to not watch that version. Hope I become successfull lol I want to watch this show in all its glory! 
I Love Jang Na ra and her character so so much :kissykissy::kissykissy: and Gun's laugh as well. I know know it was horrifying and maniac kind of laugh when I first heard it but in episode 2 it didn't look that bad :P:P
Highly reccomend this to everyone. Filled with lots of funny moments and sad as well this show is bound to keep me busy during the summer :wub2-smiley-face::wub2-smiley-face:

No comments:

Post a Comment