Friday, September 5, 2014

Fated to love you ~ Episode 19 Review

Episode 19 was filled with so many funny and heartwarming scenes. Many thought it was a filler episode I on other hand though it was a perfect ending. It was a nice closure to the whole series. Honestly if this was the last episode I would have been happy, yes I want more,  marriage, honeymoon and kids a perfect ending but if the show would have ended on episode 19 I wouldn’t have hated it but yaay to our awesome writers who gave us so much more in the finale.

I loved that Gun had a proper closure with his dad we learned so much more about him in this episode. Lee Gun’s dad did the same mistake as Gun and when he finally realized that worrying about the future is just giving him and his family unnecessary pain and heartache, fate intervened and he never got the chance to correct his mistake. I adored all the flashback scenes of Gun and his father. The letter he gave to Gun made me teary eyed, it had a wonderful message for everyone.

Lee Gun senior’s letter: “Gun-ah, by the time you read this letter when you’re an adult, you’ll probably know everything about me. I walked the same path you did. Even though I decided to leave you and your mother’s side right now, I know that perhaps one day, I might come to regret this choice. Should there come a moment when you have to make an important decision, don’t be anxious about a time that hasn’t happened yet, like I was. Don’t waste this moment in the present and I hope that you will enjoy living life to the fullest every day. My son, my loving son Gun.”


We shouldn’t really waste our time worrying for the things that have not come yet. Instead we should live one day at a time, who knows what’s gonna happen in the future? If we have got people around us who love us we should appreciate them. In the limited time we have in this world we should make the best of our time with our loved ones and family. In the end we shouldn’t have any regrets, we should happily and peacefully.

I also understood omma’s point of view. Her hesitation in agreeing to Gun and Mi-young’s marriage is understandable but she also in the end realized that we should worry for the future when it actually happens why waste our precious moments over something that has not happened yet.

Gun’s antics to convince the Ssambop lady were hilarious. One of my favorite was the one with both Gun and Mi-young together. Gun tries to show omma that he is healthy and is not going to die anytime. He does some challenging exercises in front of omma and Mi-young acts as her cheerleader; omma on the other hand is not impressed at all. It was super cute when Gun and Mi-young do the exercises together.


They took cute to the whole new level when Gun gives a piggy back ride to Mi-young. D’aww and Ssambop lady watches them from behind but they both are lost in their own world talking about having ramen for lunch. It was one of my favorite of our OTP.


Talking about ramen lets discuss the ramen kiss they shared earlier in the episode. It was a lady and the tramp moment but so hot. I really want to see the BTS of this scene. I need to know how they did that I am sure there must have been lot laughter during that scene.


The kiss at the start was super adorable. Seriously just when I think they can’t be anymore cute than they already are they do things that prove me wrong.
The two, three pecks they gave each other with the kissing sounds. Too freaking cute.

The hilarious scene of the whole episode that gave me a fit of laughter was Gun’s nightmare! Gun is in his office and sees Mi-young over there but he can’t seem to remember her. Mi-young tries to make him remember, telling him that she is GaeDdong’s mother, his snail, super glue. Gun then instead of calling her Mi-young, calls her Jang NaRa OMFG LMAO ROFL! Hilarious.


Mi-young slaps him and he lands on the sofa, turns out that it’s a nightmare. Gun keeps screaming Jang NaRa until Mi-young wakes him up! LOL seriously can this show get any more funny than it already is.


In episode Daniel asked Mi-young to give him time to sort out his thoughts and feelings. In this episode they meet up together for drinks. I actually loved the scene between both of them; I have always loved them together not romantically though. It was nice to see them like they were in the earlier episodes. Daniel singing a song for Mi-young was very heartfelt. It was perfect way to put a closure. Their conversation made me a little teary eyed.



Daniel: “Don’t forget it even when you become a grandmother. Call me if you ever need a priest or a neighborhood oppa.” 
Aww *wipes a tear*


About Daniel and SeRa we only went as far as SeRa finally telling him that she is his sister. What happens afterwards we don’t know. In episode 20 we will finally how they both are dealing with this discovery


I loved the scene when Ssambop lady gives her consent for their marriage, Gun and she they both are drunk and dancing and Mi-young find them that way. I love how she feels helpless in this situation although she doesn’t want Mi-young to suffer but she also loves Gun as a son and knows their happiness both Mi-young and Gun is with each other. She does say though that she will not wedding I highly doubt that’s gonna happen lol

The episode ends at Gun and Mi-young returning back to their wedding.



Aww why does it feels like the end? It is the end duh. In my last words I would just say that like all other episodes I absolutely adored this one too. Many people were saying after episode 18, that we would get some drama in episode 19 and 20 because there’s no way writers will give us whole episodes filled with happy moments. I will just say that we should never underestimate the fated writers.  Now I am going to watch episode 20 and see you guys later with the finale review!

No comments:

Post a Comment